The Office: Vision Board

Thursday, December 20, 2018
If you are like me you stalk  follow A LOT of bloggers on bloglovin, Instagram, and Pinterest. Nothing makes me happier than curling up with a hot cup of coffee (or cocoa dependent on the time of day and season) and my computer and read/catch up on all my favorites. Reading other peoples home projects and design ideas really lights my fire and gets my creative juices flowing. 

That being said, I'm also a mom, wife, and full time nurse so my mom brain is LEGIT. Thus the vision board is a necessity. I can design a room in my brain and then within weeks forget what my original plan was going to be. My brain gets bogged with work duties, home responsibilities like meal planning, and kids stuff like preschool parties. 

I see some vision boards on pinterest and they are stunning. Ill get there someday, I hope...but for now I just use plain ol' Picmonkey and saved images of things that inspire me/my room. 



For the office I'm planning to go with a light, airy, clean feel with white, grey, blue, and wood tones all over the space. The room is currently painted a dark-ish blue (forgive me but I have no idea what the name of the color is). I've had it painted that color for nearly two years and I don't hate it but I also don't love it. It makes the room so gloomy. I'm going to wait until the fireplace is painted white and the floor is redone before I make my final choice about re painting it. 

I already own the craft desk (from IKEA ) but pretty much everything else for the room will need to be built by yours truly or purchased. 

As for the floors, they are currently a ceramic beige tile. very boring. very ugly. They also used a dark brown grout (WHY?) and so they have to go. This area is not a high traffic area to be honest and we have original wood floors in the upstairs so my goal to is to find a cheaper floor product that semi matches the wood tone/grain that is upstairs. I've ordered some vinyl plank flooring samples from Home Depot to compare with the upstairs wood. They look like a great match on the website but we shall see. 

I really cant wait until the holiday madness is over so that I can get to work on the first project, demoing the fireplace excess! Hope you come back to check on my progress!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top